Posted by scotty on May 25th, 2005 in Announcement
The initial version of “Recent updates” aggregator is available here:
It polls your RSS/Atom feeds once every hour (usually starts 15 minutes pass the hour), populates its own database, and then mixes the results into one single listing. Currently I am adding all current FOCUSer.net blogs who have not previously opt-ed out from listing. However, it is also now possible to add other blogs into the pool, so you’ll see their entries get listed as well. If you want to have your blog listed here, please comment or send me an email.
Still to do:
- Automated interface to add a new blog.
- Automated interface to opt-out your blog.
- Summary of each blog entry.
- Blog by category/tag. Entry by category/tag (aka del.icio.us style).
- Anything else??
Updated: Backend feed fetcher has been updated to acknowledge ETag so it is more efficient.
Posted by scotty on May 19th, 2005 in WordPress
Anyone who is interested in migrating their FOCUSer blogsite from MovableType 2.661 to WordPress 1.5 please contact me or leave comments here.
I am in the process of migrating FOCUSer blogs to WordPress for the following reasons:
- Our current blog platform is using an old (but free) version of MovableType. The feature set is getting out of date. Whole sufficient for everyday blogging, there lies an danger of security risk, as old version of MovableType is no longer supported by its vendor. On the other hand, WordPress will continue to be an open source application, and is under constant development.
- You should be able to experience much faster posting time, as WordPress does not need to rebuild.
- WordPress 1.5 has better comment-spam prevention than the stock standard MovableType installed here.
- WordPress has large number of themes and plugins, where you can easily install them yourselves without my intervention.
I can only do one conversion at a time. So please notify me if you would like to have your FOCUSer blog converted.